11.14.2008

Sloth versus Envy

So I was watching '3rd Rock from the Sun' the other day and the episode was about which of the seven deadly sins they committed most often (also known as the seven cardinal sins or capital vices, for those who care). I, of course, began to think "which sin is violated (or enjoyed) most by me?" I can't lie, gluttony should be in the running and I wish lust was, but I think the biggies are sloth and envy. But who wins? Let's discuss.
  • Sloth is a competitor, because waaaay too many of my stories include the phrase "I didn't leave my house, couch, bed, etc, for an extended peroid of time." Doing nothing is my favorite activity. I never accomplish all the goals on my lists. I get mad at other people who are doing things, but I'm never inspired by them to get up and do anything myself.
  • Envy. It wouldn't be inaccurate for me to say that I'm the world's biggest hater. I talk about everybody all the time. Let's be real, most of the time people deserve it. But the rest of the time it's good ol' fashioned envy. Why can't I have that, do that, be that? Why don't I deserve everything? Gimme, gimme, gimme. Wow, maybe greed is my problem.

I'm sure there are more points that I can't think of right now. But I think it's a tie. Luckily we live in a time where I can sit on my arse and hate on people on tv all day. Ahh, the best of both worlds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It certainly couldn't be pride.

Blog Archive