12.10.2008

Mini Fake Experiments

I like doing curiosity experiments. Sometimes this is also known as "challenging myself." It's usually small things. Like, in different buildings, I'll walk through the handicap accessible doorway and then use the regular door and see what the time difference is. Or I'll sit in wheelchair at work and decide that I'll going to roll to all my patients' rooms all night just to see if I can. Or I'll 'borrow' a hat because I'm curious about how much I pee at one time. There are plenty more examples I just can't think of at this time. But most of these are spur of the moment. I think I need to start buying supplies for my fake experiments. I bring this up, because I was watching an Infomercial for the ShamWow (www.shamwow.com). And I was wondering, "Is it really that absorbent? Really?" So then I wondered, maybe I can pretend to be buying carpeting and ask for a bunch of samples. And then I can buy the ShamWow and test it's true absorbency. Or I could mix up some OxyClean solution and see if it's truly effective at getting stains out. The possibilities are endless. Also, I recently re-watched Wedding Crashers and I really want to drink some Visine and see if I'll get sick. But this website I read said in the instance of drinking eye drops, I should immediately call poison control. So maybe I'll leave that one for the movies.

4 comments:

BrookeK said...

Will you please order the sham wow so I know if it is worth it?Rebecca says you can get carpet samples free at Menards. And the snuggie....I really want one of those. Except not sure how I would go to the bathroom and still wear it. You forgot your experiment of attempting to drink your daily maintenance fluids.

Anonymous said...

"Or I'll 'borrow' a hat because I'm curious about how much I pee at one time."

It took three readings before I realized there must be another meaning to the word "hat" specific to the medical field.

Anonymous said...

FYI- Sham Wow is at target for $19.99. Just letting you know...

Anonymous said...

I so want a shamwow. I'm a messmaker and I think it would come in handy. Oxiclean is my best friend (see messmaker reference). Did you see that you can a second snuggie for free and just pay shipping?!?! Want to go splitsies on them?

FYI...I've done the borrow a hat thing, and I actually go much smaller amounts than I thought I did. Those kids who overflow the hat have AMAZING bladders.

Blog Archive