8.28.2009

My Wish

I wish I could be meaner and/or less polite. And I'm sure many of you are saying, "Wow, is this possible?" Oh, it is. My filter is pretty low, but there are a lot of things I keep to myself. And really, it's mostly little things I wish I could be bluntly honest about. And what's funny is that my feelings get hurt over dumb little things and I totally obsess about little things people say to me. Apparently I'm a hypocrite and feel like it's okay to do this to other people. Examples. I wish I could tell someone their haircut is ugly. Or that their kid is ugly, for that matter. Tell someone that her eyebrows are totally over-tweezed. Tell someone they should've thought twice about leaving the house with that outfit on. Tell someone upon first meeting them that they look like a douche or a bitch. Tell people I don't care when they're telling me stories I don't care about. Just walk away when someone is telling me a story I've heard a hundred times, instead of listening politely. Screw your feelings. And obviously, I'm totally willing to mutter some of these things under my breath to a nearly friend. But I want to say it to peoples' faces. Apparently, I'm actively trying to get beat up in the middle of the street. No, I'll continue to wear my polite face, face smile face. And I think it's time I go see someone about my anger issues.

2 comments:

Bob said...

Somebody needs a hug.

Rebekah said...

Bring the mean. You know I would!