1.20.2010

Wow. Really?

I watched a documentary on ironing yesterday. I think it was specifically about traditional gender roles in Louisiana women. But that being said, it was 30 minutes about ironing. What types of irons the women preferred, why ironing was so important to them, the right way to iron a shirt, how they quietly judge other women if their husbands and kids don't have well ironed clothes. I was entranced. I couldn't turn the channel. Is this really what my life has come to? I need to get out more.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Dang... I think you've got the perfect title for this post. Was there nothing good on HGTV? ;)

Brandy said...

Sounds like this would be the perfect show for G-ma to watch. Maybe she can be part of the documentary as an expert. She definitely has very strong opinions on ironing.

Bob said...

You're the spaz that irons jeans and sheets, so you should've been interviewed. Or at least G-ma, as Brandy says.

Anonymous said...

or you could always let me pull some clothes out of your drawers and iron them for you again. plus, stop hatin, cuz ironing brings joy to some people's lives..the smell of the steam...mmmmm..
-sofia

Megan said...

You really iron jeans and sheets? What's wrong with you?