1.08.2010

Resolutions 2010

A week into the New Year and I haven't declared my resolutions yet. For shame! Let's first recap last year's resolutions. Kind of a bust. Of my seven goals, I accomplished two: buying a house and getting a dog. Some would say reaching these goals was a big deal. I disagree. It's numbers that count, and 2/7 sucks. I failed to learn to play the guitar, find a new hobby, curb my spending/get out of debt, take impromptu trips, and lose 90 pounds. I did lose 18, but again, not good enough. So, time for 2010 goals!! We'll start with the repeats, then add a few new ones.
  1. Take impromptu trips. It's coming back! I arranged my schedule throughout the year in a way that I have a week off like every other month. Must take advantage.
  2. 72 in '10. Yeah... not quite as catchy as 90 in '09, but it is what it is. And don't suggest 10 in '10, cuz that is a pathetic goal.
  3. I still need a new hobby. Something non-sedentary, if anyone has any suggestions.
  4. And I guess I should continue to work to minimize my debt and spending. I actually got into more debt last year.
Alright, new goals:
  1. Accomplish at least two home fix-it projects. Details to come.
  2. Get involved in some kind of community service.
  3. Be nicer. I don't really want to be nicer, but I guess it's a worthy goal to strive for. And this goes against the goal I shared with Bob last week, which was to actually become bitchier.
I can't think of anything else. I feel like I should have more new goals. Anyways, here's the top 7 of 2010. And...break!!

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Impromtu Vacay huh? Salt Lake is a great place to visit! Shhh, just don't tell Joanie and you can stay in my secret condo.

Bob said...

About time you've finally given up on that guitar.

And new goal #3 is lame.

Joannie said...

Rebekah, she never even visited me while I lived out there. Now tell me why would she take a vacy out there now with me not living there anymore?

Bob said...

To see Rebekah, I think that's obvious.