6.11.2009

The Many Uses Of "Shit"

Do you ever think of sayings people use that make little sense? And how so many of them use the word "shit"? Let's discuss.
  • "Shit eating grin" -why would you be grinning if you're eating shit? That's really gross.
  • "I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast"-anyone seen Old School *correction Happy Gilmore*? Again, who eats shit? And for breakfast? Way to ruin the best meal of the day.
  • How about "going apeshit"? Umm. I don't think ape shit performs any kind of function that a one can mimic or imitate.
  • "Built like a brick shit house"-this phrase it mostly just outdated. Though it's actually one of my favorites. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is built like a brick shit house. And I want to bite him.
  • "Tough shit" or "you're full of shit"- can be a problem. I'm a nurse, I should know. But I don't believe we use these phrases literally.
  • "Shitshow"- I think of it as kinda like a clusterfuck, but involving alcohol. Another favorite of mine.
  • "My 'fill-in-the-blank' took a shit"- I blame this phrase entirely on Joanie. Along with the exclamation of "I just about shit my pants!"

Yeah, I think that's enough for now. And looking at this list, it's not that they all don't make sense so much as I just like to take things literally. I found there is a book about the uses of the word shit. Maybe I should own it.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

ps... "I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast" is Happy Gilmore

Bob said...

"I just like to take things literally."

I will be throwing this back in your face in the future. You have been warned.

Blog Archive