4.04.2009

My Theory of Friendships

It's not really a theory so much as how I catalog things in my mind. So, I mentally picture each of my friendships as that person and I being interlocking circles. Easy to figure out. If I get along with someone really well, our circles overlap more. If we're just acquaintances, maybe just our edges overlap. And obviously everyone is subject to change. Say I think I know someone really well and then they start talking crazy; they have to be completely re-cataloged. Those circles just slide back apart. And because I'm a freak, I do have a mental sound of a slide whistle as the circles are being adjusted. I'm pretty sure this started in college. I don't know why.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I have the same sort of image, but I totally lack in the sound effects. Mine also have colors. The colors aren't consistent, so I can't figure out their relationship. Sometimes they blend to form new colors in the overlap, sometimes they don't. Thanks for sharing. Now I don't feel so alone in the world.

Bob said...

Awwww, Bobby! Our circles are so close it's practically just one circle. Awwwwww!!!!

Megan said...

I think I just threw up in my mouth, Bob.

Brandy said...

Erica are you referring to the circle of trust?