12.20.2009

Christmas Favs

I was just thinking about my favorite Christmas music and such. Enjoy.

  • Fav Christmas Song: "White Christmas," versions by Bing Crosby and Otis Redding
  • Fav Instrumental Christmas Song: "Linus and Lucy," Vince Guaraldi (Completely unrelated to Christmas: Does anyone remember "Hey Ya" Charlie Brown? Hilarious).
  • Fav Christmas Song Error: "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus." I always thought this song was really inappropriate. Why would if be okay to discuss Moms creeping around on the DL with Santa? Well, what a relief when I learned Santa was actually Daddy dressed up. I was about 20 or so at the time. It wasn't a relief to find out I'm an idiot.
  • Fav Christmas Song Debate: The correct lyrics to "Jolly Ol' St. Nicholas." Can't let a year pass without bringing that up.
  • Fav Christmas Album: It's a toss up between The Jackson 5 and the Temptations.
  • Runners-up fav Christmas Songs: "Let It Snow," Boys II Men; "Happy Xmas (War is Over)," John Lennon (?)
We'll end with some of my other favorite versions of Christmas songs.
  • "Silent Night" -Boys II Men
  • "Do You Hear What I Hear"- Whitney Houston
  • "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer"- The Temptations
  • "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" and "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" -Jackson 5
  • "The Twelve Days of Christmas"- The Muppets. When Beaker sings I almost pee myself.
  • "Oh, Holy Night"- Cartman
  • "Someday at Christmas"- Stevie Wonder
  • Worst Christmas Song Ever: "Santa Baby"
I'm kinda racist. Most of these versions are sung by black people.My bad.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Hehehe... the other night I was watching Charlie Brown Christmas, and found it a little weird for a couple of seconds that they weren't dancing to "Hey Ya". :)

Megan said...

Santa Baby has to be in the top ten most annoying songs ever. Soooo whiny. And slutty. He's Santa, for Pete's sake, not some sugar daddy! I just downloaded Muppets 12 days of christmas for my drive home today. Love it.

Buffet Queen said...

Wow, we are pretty much the same person. I always knew that, but seriously, our Christmas playlists? When I lived in Atlanta Otis Redding's "White Christmas" was played, even though in the South we didn't have snow. The Temptations have the best album. The deep "Everyone knows reindeer fly" line is just Christmas. I think you need to add the soundtrack from Muppets Christmas Carol to your playlist too. Muppets singing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" is classic! This comment was written with figs (and bacon). Merry Ballin' Christmas!

Bob said...

Susy wants a damn sled!