12.08.2009

The Bernie Chronicles

Bernie did arrive last night. Yeah! He's huge, but it's pretty easy to adjust to. In less in 24 hours we've learned that he likes to follow me around the house; when I'm working out he thinks I'm playing and brings over his toys and gets in the way; that he doesn't mind being accidentally stepped on (sorry, dude); and he likes to walk through my legs and just stand there. He did okay overnight. He's a loud roommate. Hopefully he'll settle down, but he kept waking up and circling in his bed. And I woke up every time. At points he'd be half on the bed, half sprawled on the floor. He sighs heavily and loudly. And because he's so big, when he moves around I think a human someone is in the house. He walks really well on his leash and responds okay to commands. I haven't patched the gap in my fence yet and he did escape last night. I go in the backyard and I see a giant shadow on the wrong side of the fence. Good times. Well, that's our initial Bernie update. I'm off all weekend if anyone wants to come by and meet him. Holla!!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Congratulations on your puppy! I am a little jealous that he stole my bit. I thought I was the only one who could crawl through your legs and stay there. Sigh, to be replaced.