7.16.2009

What Would You Do?

Here's the scenario. You're in a public bathroom. The line is really long and you really have to pee. There is a woman behind you that for whatever reason, can only use the handicap stall. Whatever she has going on, the other stalls are not an option. So it's finally your turn to go. And the handicap stall is the one that opens up. Now, what do you do? Do you let the handicap (is this the current PC term?) woman go ahead of you? The handicap stall is her only option. Whereas you have the choice of any stall. But you really have to go. Do you give her a guilty look and go anyways? Do you wait for the next stall to open up? Ultimately this isn't really a big deal, because another stall will open any second and if you've waited that long, what's another couple of minutes? But I'm just curious. I think I'd claim to tell the woman to hell with her, I gotta go. But I know myself and I'd feel bad about it the rest of the day.