2.22.2009

Oops. That's Not A Trash Can.

So we're at Granite City for brunch (which was delicious despite the fact I threw it up) and we're waiting for our table. To curb my hunger, I'm gnawing on a toothpick. After I've demolished it, it's time for the trash. Oh look! Out of the corner of my eye I see a waste receptacle. Hands in mid-tossing motion. And we stop. Oops. That not a trash can. That's a baby. In a car seat. On the floor. Left unattended by some stupid hag. It was decided that I should've thrown the toothpick at the baby anyway, just to show this mom what can happen if your baby is left alone. And that's the story of how a baby almost got his eye taken out by a splinter (j/k, it was covered in a blanket).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have so many questions about this story.

Brandy said...

i love this story....this mother clearly doesn't love her child if she left it unattended in a public place. has she never seen the back of a milk carton? creepy people love to snatch unattended kids and crazy people love to throw trash on them before they are abducted.

Anonymous said...

Ummm...forget the baby. Why was I not included in this brunching? I love brunch. I love Granite City. Sounds like a good combo. Jerk.

Maybe you've caught this contagious fetus of mine and that's why you threw up.

Anonymous said...

I have heard that there's a fetus epidemic in the Midwest.

Anonymous said...

There's going to be a fetus coup pretty soon.

Blog Archive