2.07.2011

How I Almost Burned My House Down (Again)

I decided I wanted some spring rolls for breakfast today. Lean Cuisine makes some now and they are quite tasty. You put them in a little crisping sleeve and cook them for 2.5 minutes. So, I popped them in the microwave, then sat at my computer for while. Eight minutes to be exact. Well, one minute before the smoke alarm goes off, I realize I never heard the microwave beep. Let's guess why, hmmmm? Yes, Erica added an extra zero and set the microwave for 23 minutes. By the time I got into the kitchen, the timer was at 15 minutes. Oh, and the entire kitchen was full of smoke, enough that I starting coughing immediately because my lungs wanted to die. I quickly stop the microwave, and open a window and the back door. My supposed rescue dog, seeing all this activity and now hearing the smoke alarm, gets off the living room floor and ambles back to his bed, like I was disturbing his nap. From the microwave a put out a completely black, charred lump. The glass plate also has big burn marks on it. Good times. But you know what's funny? Afterwards, I still really wanted spring rolls for breakfast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

really dude!!! can someone take ur electric stuff??

Bob said...

Did you make some more?