5.04.2010

I Was Thinking

Which we all know is dangerous. But I was wondering, if something happened and I lost one of my senses, would I rather be blind or deaf? Taste, smell, and touch are too much a part of the eating experience for me to even think about losing them. First, let's knock on wood. But after much deliberation, I think I'd rather be deaf. Which is surprising, considering I sing constantly and I just love running my mouth and being in everybody's business. But when I think of being blind, I imagine all the places in the world I want to see. I don't want anyone describing that shit to me. It'd just piss me off. And I'd totally become a master lip reader so I can still be in everyone's business.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have allot of noise pollution as well.

Megan said...

I'd definitely go for deaf also. Since I already know how to speak, I'd certainly retain that ability without having to sound like a deaf speaker. I walk into shit enough as it is, I don't need blindness adding to the problem. I'd market my amazing lip-reading abilities.

Drumnerd92 said...

If I were to wake up tomorrow morning deaf, I'd die of a broken heart.. Music is my life, and I'm hoping to Major in it in college..so I kinda need to hear to do so.

marlenek-craftmix.blogspot.com said...

It's about 1:00 am here in Brasil, a little too late for laughing, but I suddenly caught myself laughing at your "I was thinking..."It reminded me of my ex-husband; whenever I said so, he completed: "Please don't. You're not used to it, it may be dangerous." Yes, I got rid of him.