4.08.2010

Honesty

We were talking about this at work and I wanted to share this with everyone. Please don't discuss your baby's possible names with me if you don't want to hear my honest opinion. If the name is awful, I'm going to tell you so. This shouldn't come as news, as I must have an opinion on everything. Though I guess I can try not to offer my opinion if it isn't solicited. And while we all know in the long run (or the short run, for that matter) that my opinion doesn't count for much, I don't want people giving me attitude when I tell them what everyone else is probably thinking but too polite to say. We all know being polite is a character flaw with which I do not struggle (check out that grammar, right?).

2 comments:

Lost. said...

lol I agree. If someone tells me that they want to name their kid Dick, they should expect me to tell them what it'll remind people of. I like your blog!

http://mysocalledfeudallife.blogspot.com/

Julie said...

I think you're just doing people a favor - better they hear it now from someone who'll be honest than hear it later from their children when all the other kids pick on them for their terrible name! :)