3.24.2012

Almost Mortifying

I don't close the doors in my house. It's just the dog and I. Well, I walk into the bathroom and sit on the toilet, as so many of us do. Bernie follows me in, whining, because he's impatient to go out for his walk. I yell at him just as I hear a familiar noise. It was an automated voice telling me that the person I was calling was unavailable. I must have accidentally hit the call button when I sat it down on the countertop. Unfortunately, I was yelling, "Can I poop in peace?!" Luckily, I hit end before a message started to record. And it was my mom's cell phone, which she never answers at work. What if I had called the hospital, where someone almost always picks up immediately? Usually nothing embarrasses me, but even I have some limits. How mortifying would that have been?

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Hahaha! That is awesome! That would have been the best voicemail ever!