11.02.2010

Silkworms

I was thinking about silkworms the other day. How do they work exactly? Does a person have a silkworm farm? Do you hunt for silkworms in the wild or buy them from a breeder? How is the silk harvested? How many silkworms do you need to own to actually make a profit? Are there different species of silkworm that produce different grades of silk, or is that part based on how the silk is harvested? What's done to silk to transform it from it's raw state? Is there a way to suspend them in the silk producing stage, or do you just have to accept the fact that eventually you'll have an ass load of moths flying around? Some research is in order.

5 comments:

Megan said...

This gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Julie said...

Wow... that's deep... and really, really random. And now I'm rather curious myself...

Natalie said...

You need serious help.

Bob said...

Did you actually do some research, or are you just demanding it of us?

Megan said...

I think she's probably demanding the research from others - I'm thinking there's not going to be a nice book report on silk worms the next time I'm graced with Erica's presence.